The Mayors and Council Members Department provides networking opportunities and fosters professional development for department members through the League’s educational and communication tools. It also serves as a technical and advisory resource to the League through its policy committee representatives (see list below).
Mayors and Council Members Department Bylaws can be found here.
2018-2019 Department Officers
The League of California Cities is grateful to the following individuals who devote their time to making the Mayors and Council Members Department a success through their work on the Department's Executive Committee.
- President - Amanda Young Rigby, Council Member, Vista
- 1st Vice President - Kirsten Keith, Council Member, Menlo Park
- 2nd Vice President - Kelly Seyarto, Council Member, Murrieta
- Immediate Past President - Melanie Bagby, Council Member, Cloverdale
- State League Director - Melanie Bagby, Council Member, Cloverdale
Policy Committee Representatives
Appointed by the department president, each department has at least one representative on each of the League’s standing eight committees that can provide technical information to the committee as a whole to ensure that the department has a voice in the decision-making process, and make recommendations to the board of directors on legislative and policy issues.
Visit the League’s Policy Development
webpage to view upcoming meeting information, listed committees, and meeting agendas. Thank you to the following members who are serving on policy committees in 2018.
– Stacy Berry, Cypress Council Member
– Tom Butt, Richmond Mayor
Governance, Transparency & Labor
- Lori Ogorchock, Antioch Mayor Pro Tem
Housing, Community & Economic Development
– Blanca Pacheco, Council Member, Downey
– Peggy McQuaid, Mayor, Albany
Revenue & Taxation
– Glenn Miller, Council Member, Indio
Transportation, Communication & Public Works
– Al Austin, Council Member, Long Beach