Fix Our Roads Coalition
The League of California Cities® is part of the Fix Our Roads Coalition, a broad coalition of cities, counties, labor, business and transportation advocate that formed to meet Gov. Jerry Brown’s call to address California’s chronic transportation infrastructure funding shortfall. The coalition supports seven core principles:
- Make significant investment in transportation infrastructure;
- Focus on maintaining and rehabilitating the current system;
- Invest a portion of diesel tax and/or Cap-and-Trade revenue to high priority goods movement projects;
- Raise revenues across a broad range of options;
- Equal spilt between state and local projects;
- Strong accountability requirements to protect the taxpayers’ investment; and
- Provide consistent annual funding levels.
More information on how to join the coalition can be found at www.fixcaroads.com.
SB 1 is next being heard on Feb. 22 at 9:30 a.m. Hearing Room 3191 by the Senate Environmental Quality Committee.
AB 1 has been double referred to Assembly committees on Transportation and Natural Resources. Hearing TBD.
Major Legislative Proposals
Senate Environmental Quality Committee Members
Assembly Transportation Committee Members