The League is seeking approximately 60 volunteers to serve on various juries, covering the 11 award categories.
It is very important to recognize, celebrate and learn from the successes of other cities. The Helen Putnam Award process is a valuable and respected way of doing this, and our dedicated volunteer juries are vital to the success of this program which brings positive attention to all cities.
To help select the 2014 Helen Putnam Award winning cities the League is asking for volunteer assistance from city officials to serve on the award selection juries. Participating jury members will review submitted applications online at www.helenputnam.org
and convene via conference call to select the winners.
If you are willing to serve on a Helen Putnam Jury (and get a preview of some great innovations you might use in your city) please complete the volunteer form
and respond by May 8. Information on each application will be sent after we have confirmed your participation.
Award categories include:
- CCS Partnership Intergovernmental Collaboration Award
- Community Services and Economic Development
- Economic Development through the Arts
- Enhancing Public Trust, Ethics, and Community Involvement
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Housing Programs and Innovations
- Internal Administration
- Planning and Environmental Quality
- Public Safety
- Public Works, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Ruth Vreeland Award for Engaging Youth in City Government
If you know your city has applied under a certain category please do not volunteer for that category.
Submit your volunteer form by email to Melissa Lienau
or fax to (916) 658-8240. For questions about volunteering to be a Helen Putnam Award judge, please contact Melissa Lienau at (916) 658-8216.
The League would like to thank the city officials who volunteer their time for this project.