The final weeks of this session begin Aug. 21 and then the Legislature will have a few weeks to conclude its work before it adjourns the session on Sept. 15.
The League continues to track numerous bills affecting cities. Some hearings, if not all, will be televised. The Senate
publish weekly television schedules, but audio is always available online. In addition, many hearings are also webcast via the California Channel
Additional information about the important bills the League is tracking is available in the Update: 2017 Bill Status
. Published on May 26, this list will continually be updated throughout the remainder of the Legislative Session. Bill language and the League’s position letters and sample letters can be found at www.cacities.org/billsearch
by plugging the bill number into the search function.
Here are a number of upcoming hearings and measures of interest to cities:
10 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
Assembly Privacy and Consumer Protection,
- AB 72 (Santiago) Housing. League position: Oppose Unless Amended.
- AB 74 (Chiu) Housing. League position: Support.
- AB 525 (Aguiar-Curry) State Board of Equalization: offer in compromise: extension. League: Support.
- AB 735 (Maienschein) Swimming pools: public safety. League position: Support.
- AB 1127 (Calderon) Baby diaper changing stations. League position: Oppose.
- AB 1397 (Low) Local planning: housing element: inventory of land for residential development. League position: Oppose.
- HOT AB 1408 (Calderon) Crimes: supervised release. League position: Support.
- AB 1414 (Friedman) Solar energy systems: permits. League position: Oppose.
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 126
- HOT SB 182 (Bradford) Transportation network company: participating drivers: single business license. League position: Oppose.