The Executive Committee positions are a one-year terms with the intention of succeeding to the president position within the department. This year, the department has two vacancies to fill and these positions rotate between the North and South. The department is accepting applicants for the first vice president position (North) and the second vice president position (South).
The Nominating Committee will use the following information as a basis for selection:
Application and Selection Process
- The individual’s professional reputation;
- The individual’s perspective on city service;
- Whether the individual has demonstrated a commitment to serving and strengthening the department;
- The individual’s depth of knowledge of and experience with city government; and
- The individual’s involvement in intergovernmental activities.
Applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee (appointed by the current Executive Committee). The proposed 2017-18 Executive Committee slate will be presented for vote at the Annual Conference in Sacramento. Nominations for the vacancies will also be open from the floor at the department business meeting during the annual conference.
All applications must be received by Aug. 7. Please direct applications by email to Sara Rounds
fax to (916) 658-8240. Please call Sara at (916) 658-8243 with questions or to confirm receipt of your application.