In addition, April 27 is the last day for policy committee to hear and report to fiscal committees on fiscal bills introduced in their house of origin.
Some hearings, if not all, will be televised. The Senate
publish weekly television schedules, but audio is always available online. In addition, many hearings are also webcast via the California Channel
Here are a number of upcoming hearings of interest to cities:
Senate Natural Resources and Water,
Upon Adjournment of session, State Capitol, Room 112
- HOT SB 834 (Jackson) State lands: leasing: oil and gas. League position: Support.
10 a.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
- SB 1153 (Stern) Local initiatives: Review. League position: Support.
9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 437
- HOT AB 3121 (Kalra) Evidentiary privileges: union agent-represented worker privilege. League position: Oppose.
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 4202
Assembly Privacy and Consumer Protection,
- HOT AB 3162 (Friedman) Alcoholism or drug abuse recovery or treatment facilities. League position: Support.
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 126
Senate Transportation and Housing,
- HOT AB 2812 (Limόn) Data storage and protection standards: local agencies. League position: Sponsor.
3:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 4203
Assembly Public Employees, Retirement and Social Security,
- HOT SB 827 (Wiener) Planning and zoning: transit-rich housing bonus. League position: Oppose.
9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 444
Senate Environmental Quality,
- HOT AB 1912 (Rodriguez) Public employees’ retirement: joint powers agreements: liability. League position: Oppose.
9:30, State Capitol, Room 3191
Assembly Local Government,
- SB 998 (Dodd) Discontinuation of residential water service: urban and community water. League position: Oppose Unless Amended.
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 127
Assembly Natural Resources,
- AB 2923 (Chiu) San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District: transit-oriented development. League position: Oppose.
2:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 447
Senate Budget and Fiscal Review Subcommittee No. 4 on State Administration and General Government,
- AB 2411 (McCarty) Solid waste: use of compost: planning. League position: Support.
9:30 a.m., State Capitol, Room 2040
Senate Business, Professions and Economic Development,
- Commission on State Mandates
- Local Government Financing
12 p.m., State Capitol, Room 3191
- Informational Hearing: Update on the Regulation of Massage Therapy in California: Business Oversight and Best Practices
1:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 112
- SB 1244 (Wiecokwski) Public records: disclosure. League position: Oppose.