The Coalition to Protect Local Transportation Improvements comprises a broad group of business, public safety, labor, local government, transportation advocates and taxpayers. The coalition is engaged in supporting the passage of Proposition 69 on the June ballot and oppose any effort to repeal SB 1.
Proposition 69 is on the June 2018 statewide ballot to add constitutional protections to the new revenues generated by SB 1. By passing Prop. 69, voters can ensure that these critical funds can only be used for transportation improvement purposes and prevents the Legislature from diverting these funds.
Cities throughout California are investing SB 1 funds in a variety of transportation infrastructure projects that are making their roads safer.
The most recent coalition members are:
- California Association of Highway Patrolmen
- Regional Economic Association Leaders of California
- City of Bell
- City of Piedmont
- City of South Gate
- The California Chapters of the American Public Works Association
- American Public Works Association — Southern California Chapter
- Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District
The Yes on Prop. 69 website includes a full coalition list
for additional information, fact sheets, news and other materials in support of protecting transportation funds.