Proposition 69, on the June ballot, would prevent the Legislature from diverting transportation funds for non-transportation purposes. It will require that transportation funds, raised by SB 1 revenues, are spent on priorities like fixing local roads, bridges, public transit and other transportation projects.
Here are some additional facts on the benefits — Prop. 69:
- Protects transportation funds dedicated to every California community;
- Will not raise taxes; and
- Provides strong accountability and taxpayer protections.
To date, the Coalition to Protect Local Transportation Improvements includes more than 190 organizations that support Prop. 69. This broad coalition comprises public safety, labor, local government, business, transportation, environmental and taxpayer advocates. The widespread support reflects the importance of protecting SB 1’s historic investment in improving our transportation infrastructure, which is integral to maintaining Californians’ safety, quality of life and economic stability.
Recent coalition members include:
- California Association of Highway Patrolmen;
- Regional Economic Association Leaders of California (R.E.A.L. Coalition);
- Professional Engineers in California Government; and
- Many cities throuhgout the state.
Stay informed on the latest with Prop. 69 by following us on Twitter
and share your support with #YesonProp69!
For more information please visit www.YesProp69.com