Titled "Predictions with Purpose: Looking into the 2018 Election Crystal Ball," and the panelists will provide thought provoking insights with League members.
Here is a brief synopsis of what the audience will experience:
The 2018 General Election is right around the corner. Californians will be heading to the polls in November to elect a new governor, constitutional officers, and state legislators. Voters will also be deciding on 12 ballot measures that impact a variety of issues including transportation, veterans, affordable housing, homelessness, and water infrastructure funding. Hear the perspectives of three leading campaign experts covering a variety of political viewpoints about historical primary and general election trends, how the top-two system has impacted recent election cycles, and strategies and predictions for the November election.
The panel comprises the following experts who have a decades of campaign expertise and experience:
Registration Deadline Fast Approaching
- Paul Mitchell, vice president of Political Data Inc., specializes in bipartisan voter data, statewide and local redistricting, and California Voter Rights Act implementation;
- Gale Kaufman, president of Kaufman Campaign Consultants, has led some of the state’s most significant and successful issue-based initiative campaigns; and
- John Thomas, president of Thomas Partners Strategies, is actively involved in shaping strategy and television creation for political campaigns, corporations, ballot measures, nonprofits, and universities.
closes Aug. 21. Member city full conference registration starts at $575.
Full conference registration includes access to:
- All general and educational sessions;
- Wednesday host-city reception, networking events;
- Thursday lunch with exhibitors; and
- Friday closing luncheon.
There are several fantastic properties for lodging this year around the Long Beach Convention Center. A limited number of reduced room rates are still available for registered attendees; please register first before receiving the links in your registration confirmation email to reserve hotel rooms.
for more information, Register early, as space is limited. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
Note: The League has been alerted that unauthorized housing companies (called hotel poachers) have been contacting registered attendees and exhibitors offering cheaper rates at hotels during the Annual Conference. This practice, also known as room pirating, is a scam that all attendees should be aware of in order to avoid passing along personal and financial information. If you are unsure if you are being contact by a poacher, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.