This premier training is a must-attend for both newly elected officials and experienced local leaders who would like a refresher course on the basic legal and practical framework in which city officials operate. Dive into critical training on important local government topics taught by subject matter experts and seasoned elected officials.
This premier training event for new mayors and council members is now offered in two locations:
Jan. 16 – 18, 2019 in Sacramento, register by Jan. 4
Jan. 30 – Feb. 1, 2019 in Irvine, register by Jan.8
soon to secure your spot. Sessions include:
- City of Dysfunction Junction – How to Conduct an Effective and Respectful Council Meeting;
- Effective Advocacy and Key City Issues;
- Your Legal Powers and Obligations;
- Two-Part Financial Responsibilities, City Revenues Workshop;
- Policy Role in Land Use Planning; and
- Relationship Between City Council and City Management.
Full conference registration starts at $575 and will include admission for the following:
- Two and a half days of important educational sessions, , including how to run a council meeting, financial responsibilities, legal powers and obligations and city management relationship building;
- Opportunities to complete state mandated trainings, including AB 1234 Ethics Training and AB 1661 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training;
- Wednesday lunch, Thursday breakfast and lunch, and Friday breakfast; and
- Electronic access to all program materials.
View the 2019 New Mayors & Council Members Announcement
For a full schedule of events.
If you have any questions, please contact Caitlin Cole
. For more information, please visit: www.cacities.org/mayorscounciled