This premier training event for new mayors and council members is now offered in two locations:
Online registration is now open
- Jan. 16 – 18, 2019 in Sacramento
- Jan. 30 – Feb. 1, 2019 in Irvine
. Register early and secure your spot for this important event.
The New Mayors & Council Members Academy is a must-attend event for both newly elected officials and more experienced local leaders who would like to learn the basic legal and practical framework in which city officials operate. Dive into critical training on important local government topics taught by subject matter experts and seasoned elected officials.
Full conference registration starts at $575 and will include admission for the following:
- Two and a half days of important educational sessions, , including how to run a council meeting, financial responsibilities, legal powers and obligations and city management relationship building;
- Opportunities to complete state mandated trainings, including AB 1234 Ethics Training and AB 1661 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training;
- Wednesday lunch, Thursday breakfast and lunch, and Friday breakfast; and
- Electronic access to all program materials.
For a full schedule of events, please visit: 2019 New Mayors & Council Members Announcement
If you have any questions, please contact Caitlin Cole
. For more information, please visit: www.cacities.org/mayorscounciled